The body is complex, but health and boosting your immune system don’t have to be. In Part 2, we review the 4 fundamental requirements of the body and discuss MOVE.
Learn about the Fundamental Requirements of the body, and strategies for a bullet proof immune system and a higher expression of health. system. In this BlogCast, Dr. Adam discusses the first requirement, EAT.
Have you struggled with wheezing, coughing, and fatigue from asthma? Learn how Structural Chiropractic may be part of the solution for you.
Allergies and Immune System response have an intimate relationship with the Nervous System. Learn how Structural Chiropractic care may boost immunity and lessen the severity of allergies.
Have you heard someone say this? Probably enough that it’s hard to recognize the absurdity of that statement. Except for severe trauma like car accidents, major falls, poisoning, etc., people do not suddenly become ill. Disease is not happen spontaneously.
Small repetitive traumas, long-term abuse and negligence, though unnoticeable at first, takes a toll on the body over a period of time. When the first secondary issues (symptoms) appear, the body has already been malfunctioning for some period of time – months to even years.
Studies have shown that a significant percentage of children undergo trauma during the birthing process. Chiropractors focusing on NeuroStructural Correction are trained to located structural abnormalities in the spine that may be impairing nervous system function.
No only will this spinal and neurological imbalance become part of a child’s structure as they develop, but many of them will go 30 or 40 years – and possible the rest of their lives – with the effects of that initial damage to the spine and nerve system affecting both their health and quality of life.
Any obstruction to the body’s master control system results in a lessening in every aspect of that child’s function. An impaired nerve system could reduce immune function, concentration, recovery from illness and injury; it could lessen athletic performance and digestive function. It could even alter behavior.
While it is true that people often see a chiropractor to help them recover from physical health problems, that is not the purpose of chiropractic care. Chiropractic adjustments are aimed at correcting structural abnormalities that compromise neurological integrity. This is vital for everyone to reach their full health potential.
Some may be concerned about the forcefulness of an adjustment for a growing child. That would be a legitimate concern if all people received the same adjustment. Thankfully, they do not. Age and size are taken into consideration; providing a spinal correction for a baby uses no more pressure than one uses to check the ripeness of a tomato.
If we understand that health means 100% function, not merely being symptom-fee, then the function of the nerve and spinal system needs to be addressed.
Who has more potential to benefit from chiropractic care than our kids?
Did you enjoy this post?
Make sure to share with your friends, family, co-workers, or anyone else you think may benefit this information.
As people age, they are not only looking to live longer, but better as well, and that includes avoiding the effects of chronic inflammation. Inflammation treatment is a big industry because of that. There is a long list of medications, supplements, and salves aimed at managing chronic inflammation, and the number of advertisements for anti-inflammatory products is even greater.
Inflammation is the body’s natural response to things such as injury, infection, exposure to toxins, and biomechanical dysfunction. It involves a cascade of events, coordinated by the nervous system, which includes increased blood flow to the site of injury, local temperature increase, redness and swelling. The additional fluids can also increase the pressure on nerve endings in the area, resulting in pain.
Short term or acute inflammation is a necessary part of the healing process and, in most cases, should not be reduced. It is NORMAL.
Long term or chronic inflammation, on the other hand, can lead to serious health problems. As the picture to the left illustrates, it can contribute to Type II diabetes, joint degeneration, heart disease, and even cancer, among other things. Often times, it is the result of life style choices, and other environmental influences.
There are some easy steps you can take to reduce and prevent chronic inflammation.
- Getting the right balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fats. Most Americans consume too much omega-6. Reduce the amount of cooking oils you consume, especially those that contain corn. Eat grass-fed met over grain fed and choose cold-water fish such as Wild caught Alaskan Salmon. Adults should aim for a omega-6:omega-3 ratio of about 2:1.
- Avoid trans-fats. It’s as simple as that. But, be careful to read the ingredients. The nutritional label may read 0 grams of trans fat, but make sure to look for “partially hydrogenated” oils.
- Limit refined carbohydrates such as white bread, white rice, high fructose corn syrup and refined sugars
- Maintain a healthy weight. The more fat you carry, the more inflammatory chemicals you produce.
- Increase you intake of antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, D, and E.
- Have your spine checked for structural shifts. Chronic inflammation may be a secondary condition of a structural shift of your spine. The structural shift blocks your nerves from functioning correctly and from properly controlling the inflammation process. Neuro-Structural Chiropractic restores your spine to its normal position reducing the obstruction to your nervous system, which allows inflammation be more appropriately coordinated.
Did you like this article? Feel free to share it with the people you care about, and sign up to receive Updates from Keystone Chiropractic. It may just be the next step in regaining your health.
|Address:||2900 University Ave, Suite 330
West Des Moines, IA 50266